Sunday, July 24, 2011

And so it begins...


So this is it, my last beer before I start my 7 week training schedule in preparation for the valley. A New Belgium Ranger, a great IPA, I highly suggest it. I feel stronger on routes then I've ever felt before and am really psyched to go and try as hard as I can in Yosemite. I've been out there twice now and am so inspired by the climbs the surrounding and the people who are pushing their limits. Over the last few month I've had a number of outside trips, including a week long trip to The New, where I worked the greatest show and feel that it could very possibly go this fall; I can't explain how excited I am about that.

But back to the point....the valley and training. So I'm planning on breaking the next 6 weeks up into 3 - 2 week cycles. each getting more intense then the last and the 7th week will be a recovery week, hopefully allowing me to preform once in the valley.

So weeks 1 and 2 should look something like this....

Sunday - Climbing (trip outside)
Monday - Run 3 miles
Tuesday - Climbing (15 routes and 15 boulders >V5), Core and Campus 45min.
Wednesday - Run 3 miles, Climbing (15 routes and 15 boulders >V5), Core
Thursday - Climbing (15 routes and 15 boulders >V5), Core and Campus 45min.
Friday - Run 3 miles
Saturday - Climbing (trip outside)

So we'll see how it goes... hopefully week one goes well and week 2 should be great so week 3 can get harder....

No comments: